Beautiful backlit black-eyed susans painted in Oils. Learn to paint flowers with a back light that glows.
- Course Difficulty Rating: Beginner/Intermediate Level
- Video Duration: 1 hour 31 minutes
- Materials & Supplies List
- Full Step by Step Written instructions with Images
- Full-Length Audio Video
Canvas size 16 x 12 inches
Paints - Oil
- Titanium White (TW)
- Cadmium Yellow (CY)
- Cadmium Red (CR)
- Yellow Ochre (YO)
- Burnt Sienna (BS)
- Sap Green (SG)
- Chrome Oxide Green (COG)
- Phthalo Yellow Green (PYG)
- Cadmium Green (CG)
- Ivory Black (IB)
Paints - Acrylic or Gesso
- 1" chip brush for applying medium
- 3/4 inch Flat Brush
- Small Filbert- (1/4" - 1/2" wide)
- Mop Brush
I always try to create various value streams of color, not mixing solid colors but having marbled colors, starting from dark to light. That way I can pick up various shades, without mixing, as I go.
- SG+IB = very dark green
- AC+CY = bright orange
- AC+YO = dull orange
- YO+CY = medium yellow gold (add TW to create value stream)
- CY+TW= pale yellow (add TW to create value stream)
- Add touches of TW light greens to create various shades of green.
Safflower Oil (artist grade) diluted to 50/50 – with Galkyd Lite Medium (has a dryer in it).